Pine Car Derby Regulations
Race Day: Friday, October 7, 2022, Registration: 6:00 pm Race Time: 6:30 pm
Ages PreK up to and including age 12 (please bring the whole family to enjoy)
Parkville Youth & Family Center (A Ministry of Parkville Bible Church)
850 Whisler Road Etters PA 17319
Contact: Pastor Frank Heidler Home: 717-938-9035 Cell: 570-837-9731 Assistant Pastor Andrew Grate Home: 717-432-0473 Cell: 717-476-7441
Be sure to check out all the regulations–we feel real bad when a car does not pass inspection.
Pine Car Regulations:
- Car Specifications: Width: – 2-7/8″ max; Length – 7″ max; Height: – 3” max; Weight – 5 ounces max; Width between wheels 1-5/8″ minimum. Under clearance should exceed ¼” to avoid “dragging”.
- A kit provided wood block must be used but may be shaped in any fashion not violating other rules.
- Each car must have the owners name on the bottom of the car.
- The car must not have previously won a first or second place (Parkville or elsewhere).
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited; car shall not ride on springs.
- All weights are permissible as long as they do not violate any other stated restriction. If weights release from adhesive or other fixation on the speedway, there will be no re-match against the current opponent.
- Only official Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels are permitted.
- Lubricant is permitted, dry or wet. Lubricant must not be in excess to soil the track.
- Details, such as steering wheel and driver are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications. All added details, including weights, must not be moveable parts; they must be firmly affixed.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- Each car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it may compete.
- If, at registration, a car does not pass inspection, the owner will be informed of the reason for failure, and will be given time within the official weigh-in time period to make the adjustment.
- After final approval, cars will not be re-inspected unless the car is damaged in handling or in a race.
- All contestants must sign up on our website to assure placement: www.parkvillebiblechurch.org click “Youth & Family” then click “Youth & Family Sign-up”. Sign up sheet will be posted one month prior to the race day.
- To view these Regulations on the same website: click “Youth & Family” then click “Pine Car Derby Regulations”.
- Pine car kits are available. If you need a kit, text “need kit” to 717-476-7441. This is a free event.
- Pine cars may also be purchased elsewhere; Hobby Lobby is one suggestion.
Registration and Car Inspection 6:00 pm
Race Begins (Part One) 6:30 pm
Intermission Pizza Time 7:00 pm
Devotions Beside the Race Track 7:30 pm
Race Resumes (Part Two) 7:45 pm
Awards 8:30 pm
Dismissal 9:00 pm